I got my nap and I feel alittle better. I do, however, sense that I am ready to get away from the cities. Each night I have been here I have been in the midst of cities--Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Stockholm. Perhaps it is time from a little light fair for me.
I am probably going to head back south tomorrow. Early probably. I wan to be comfortably in southern Germany soon. so... I am going to make reservations tomorrow morning and head south. Yet by which route? There´s only one it appears-- back to Malmo which is on the express train and then back to Copenhagen and beyond. Maybe I can can to Berlin and down to eastern Germany? I don't know.
I took out way too much money.. I have about 650k which is around 100 dollars. I have tonight and tomorrow morning or so to get rid of it. Getting rid of money is no fun for me-- the miser that I am. Money exchange sounds too risky so I will go grocery shopping tomorrow morning-- fruits, coffee, toiletries, etc. I guess I can spend it... one must make sure to be wise in withdrawing money when one is only in a region for a short time.
What else? well, tonight the living arrangements are in a hostel. This is the second time I have done this is the years I have been here. Sleeping in groups, dwelling together in commons, eating in the same kitchen, walking over each other... I wish I were 20 years old again and then it would be fun, interesting and a fine place to meet others but at this age, one just wants to be left alone so that one can think, rest and refresh oneself for the next day. But I am paying 35 dollars here in Stockholm where everything else in at least 100-150 dollars for single rooms! So, I will stick it out tonight and get up early, dash off and spend the money I saved in Germany.
Please write me if you have any comments!
Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi!!!
I am glad that you made it safely to Stockholm!! (I was wondering!)
Hopefully your trip to southern Germany will be good, and that you don't run into any problems.
Don't loose your debit card in the machine this time....that would be unfortunate, but also hilarious. (No offense... :)
Love,
Jordan
I was wondering why you said " I wish I was younger." After I read your blog about the Hostel I knew what you meant. We are leaving Chicago on Saturday around 430pm. I see on your blog, you stated Friday!!!
Have a great night!!!
Love, Mom
Post a Comment